65. Say: I am only a warner, and there is no God save ALLAH, the One, the Absolute,
66. Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the Mighty, the Pardoning.
67. Say: It is tremendous tidings
68. Whence you turn away!
69. I had no knowledge of the Highest Chiefs when they disputed;
70. It is sent down to me only that I may be a plain warner.
71. When your Lord said to the angels: lo! I am about to create a mortal out of mire,
72. And when I have fashioned him and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down before him prostrate,
73. The angels fell down prostrate, every one.
74. Saving Iblis, he was scornful and became one of the deniers.
75. He said: O Iblis! What hinders you from falling prostrate before that which I have created with both My hands? Are you too proud or are you of the high
76. He said: I am better than him. You created me of fire, while him You did create of clay.
77. He said: Go forth from hence, for lo! you are outcast,
78. And lo! My curse is on you until the Day of Judgment.
79. He said: My Lord! Reprieve me until the day when they are raised.
80. He said: Lo! you are of those reprieved
81. Until the day of the time appointed.
82. He said: Then, by Your might, I surely will fool them every one,
83. Save Your single minded slaves among them.
84. He said: The Truth is, and the Truth I speak,
85. That I shall fill hell with you and with such of them as follow you, together.
86. Say: I ask of you no fee for this, and I am no impostor.
87. Lo! it is nothing else than a reminder for all peoples
88. And you will come in time to know the truth thereof.
©2001-2006 Muslim America